Here at The Center for Healthy Hearing, we follow protocols outlined by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA) for audiologists resuming services during COVID-19.
For In-Person and Concierge Visits:
- We use disposable items for each patient interaction. For example, speculum, inserts for audiometry, electrodes, immittance tips, and/or ear light tip.
- We require the use of masks for clients/patients, staff, and providers.
- We change the foam covering or barrier over microphones for testing.
- We use video-otoscopy or other otoscopy technology that allows for adequate light and ability to view the ear, ear canal, and tympanic membrane while allowing physical distancing from the client/patient during otoscopic inspection.
- We require patients to wear masks for earmold impressions, placement of tiptrodes, or other procedures that may elicit a cough reflex from the client/patient.
- We wear PPE for procedures that involve close physical contact with patients.
- We follow best practices disinfecting audiology equipment.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
schedule an appointment